Share the love. Endorse your tribe.
- Start with your closest colleagues, since these are the people whom you know the best and are most likely to return the favor.
- Endorse the skills you’ve seen these people demonstrate in the workplace and I guarantee many of them will reciprocate.
- Then, move on to clients and business associates or other influencers.
Another way to earn more endorsements.
- You want people to acknowledge your skills and strengths, but you don’t want to come off as begging for disingenuous endorsements.
- Personalize your LinkedIn written requests by making note of a specific project you worked on with them. Gently remind them of your contributions and ask them to offer comments on the project in the form of skill endorsements.
- Or better still, they might write an unsolicited recommendation. (More on that topic next time.)